Electronic Resources Coordinator
Two years of relevant experience is required. Bachelor’s degree required. MLS or equivalent experience in a library setting or library organization strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to work flexibly and cooperatively in a changing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to set priorities, manage time, organize tasks, exercise initiative and utilize good judgement
- Understanding and use of business ethics and information ethics
- Skills in creative problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and technologies impacting libraries
- Computer skills, including the ability to operate e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to learn new software or applications
- Valid Driver’s License
Experience with order management software or database structure strongly preferred.
For full position details, please review our current job openings at
This position is primarily responsible for activities relating to the evaluation of licensed electronic products and services for possible offer to the OhioNET membership, the initial launch of offers, ongoing renewal negotiations, and general electronic resource vendor relations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining frequent contact with electronic resource staff at member libraries and other library organizations.
- Maintaining current awareness of trends and issues in the library electronic resources market.
- Maintaining frequent contact with publishers of electronic resources.
- Negotiating pricing and contract terms with vendors on behalf of participating libraries.
- Promoting negotiated offers to member libraries in coordination with other OhioNET staff.
- Communicating with members to form groups for enhanced negotiation whenever applicable.
- Coordinating the communication of negotiated electronic resource renewal pricing to libraries.
- Participating in troubleshooting of access issues for subscribing libraries as needed.
- Leading the maintenance of OhioNET’s electronic resource management software.