Electronic Resources Librarian
About this Job
Determines collection strategy, coordinates the library’s collection development process and supports budgetary resources or decisions. Maintains and ensures access to print and electronic resources for faculty, students and staff of NEOMED and the NEOMED Affiliated Hospital Libraries through the online public access catalog (OPAC), discovery service, Integrated Library System (ILS)/Library Services Platform (LSP), Sierra, and other access points. Collaboratively maintains the library system management and ensures that the collection meets the current and future needs of the University.
Benefits Offerings Include:
- Hybrid Workplace
- Competitive Health, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Spending Account
- State Retirement with 14% matching
- Excellent Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holiday Days
- Wellness Offerings
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
For additional details visit: https://www.neomed.edu/hr/benefits/
Collection Development – Monitors and records the use and performance of resources through data collection and analysis to inform collection development strategies, considering OhioLINK resources as a major component of the collection. Prepares library, state, and national reports on the library’s content & usage data. Oversees acquisition of library materials, coordinating with multiple internal stakeholders. Maintains and accurate physical collection inventory and applies deselection policies as needed. Manages vendor relations, contracts, licensing, and price negotiations.
Access & Discovery – Responsible for providing and overseeing integrated access to resources, both electronic and print. Coordinates database maintenance activities, knowledgebases (EBSCO admin), and discovery layers (Full-Text Finder). Provides instruction to library users on library resources (Databases, EDS, OPAC, ILLiad). Troubleshoots e-access problems, working with appropriate IT staff, consortia staff, content vendors and aggregators. Liaison to Hospital Library Affiliates concerning collections, licensing, and content access. Participates in website maintenance and development, spearheading social media engagement.
Finance – Participate in Budget management for current fiscal year expenditures, provide evidence-based estimates for fiscal planning. Guide eResources through vendor payment processes (RFP, Requisition, Purchase Orders, payment). Monitors physical facility and overall library use. Initiate calls for maintenance as needed, gather statistics on library usage. Participate in library space and technology improvement planning and implementation.
IT Help Desk Customer Service – Provide exceptional customer experiences during first-tier technical support for account information (passwords) & security, supported desktop applications (Microsoft 365 suite, Adobe Pro, VPN), computer navigation (Email, calendars, web pages, shared folders), utilizing computer accessories (printing, label makers, keyboard/mouse etc.) and basic hardware issues. Includes thoroughly documenting ticket information and gathering statistical data. Escalate the ticket as needed for higher-level assistance.
Library Circulation & Customer Service – Communicates and enforces library policies while creating a welcoming experience for all library users, connecting them with needed resources, information, and people. Perform the essential circulation work to find items in the collection, check materials out for customer use, and check materials in to complete the transaction. Works with customers to resolve lost, damaged, or fined materials issues. Participates in Interlibrary Lending processes.
Management – Supervises 2 professional staff; 3-6 student assistants, and volunteers, including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation, and guiding staff development.
Professional Development – Serves on OhioLINK committees, participates on listservs, and assists in making recommendations to OhioLINK concerning new acquisitions, renewals and policies. Participates in additional professional development to maintain awareness of academic library trends.
Perform other duties as assigned
$52,087 – $57,958
Education/Degrees: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy in detailed work
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Communication: Builds and maintains open, transparent and effective lines of communication, within and outside the University, to better serve team members and customers; appropriately tailors written and verbal messages to target audiences.
- Teamwork: Builds and maintains positive working relationships, within individual work groups and across departments, through open communication and collaboration; works with others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates a clear understanding of all areas affecting the University’s business (teaching, research, service) – customers (i.e., students, faculty, community), resources, educational trends, new advances – and uses skills in planning, prioritization, decision-making, and resource allocation to drive desired results.
- People Management: Establishes clear and focused expectations and accountabilities, coaches for success, shows managerial courage and champions talent development.
2 + years of professional library experience including experience in library technical services, collection development, serials, and/or cataloging and online library systems.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Title IX Coordinator
Northeast Ohio Medical University, G-212B
4209 St. Rt. 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272
Email: [email protected]
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Posted On: Dec 16, 2022 / This posting expires: Mar 16, 2023