Events Assistant – Main Library
About this Job
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ASCPL is hiring an Events Assistant to support our Mission Statement to provide resources for learning and leisure, information services, meeting spaces, and programs for all ages that support, improve, and enrich individual, family, and community life. The Events Assistant assists in:
• Setting up, operating, troubleshooting, and removing audio/visual and multimedia equipment (such as laptops, projectors, microphones, soundboard, light board, cameras, and speakers) and technology in the auditorium, meeting rooms, and other spaces to support meeting requirements.
• Planning, coordinating, and scheduling of Library rooms and equipment needs for daily meetings, events, conferences, board meetings, and special projects for internal and external entities.
• Maintaining and initiating updates for all Auditorium and Meeting Room audio/visual equipment (projectors, microphones, sound board, and light board).
• Testing and troubleshooting integrated audio/visual and multimedia systems, including those needed for livestreaming.
• Monitoring and overseeing live events held at Main Library, including occasional after-hours events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required: High school diploma or equivalent with some college coursework or Associate’s degree is required. Knowledge of audio visual and multimedia equipment. Skill in audio visual and multimedia production. Skill in troubleshooting audio visual and multimedia equipment. Ability to create, record, and edit live events and presentations for streaming and publishing. Knowledge of the principles and practices in the field of event planning. Skill in customer service. Knowledge of the principles of intellectual freedom as they apply to public libraries. Moderate physical effort, including considerable standing and walking. Lifting moderate to heavy objects (more than 25 pounds) and carrying them short distances (50 feet or less). Criminal background and education verification.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY
Since 1874, the Akron-Summit County Public Library (ASCPL) has been an essential community asset. We’ve been recognized nationally as one of the finest public libraries in the United States due to our excellent customer service, collaborative community involvement, and high level of customer and employee satisfaction.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, voluntary benefits (health, dental, and vision), ASCPL-provided life insurance, and retirement through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled (preference given to candidates who apply within the first two weeks)
For consideration, applicants for this position must either submit a resume and a cover letter indicating previous applicable experience and training or complete an Employment Application in the Human Resources Department at Main Library. Email resumes to [email protected] or mail them to: Human Resources, Akron-Summit County Public Library, 60 S. High Street, Akron OH 44326-0001. For more information about the ASCPL system, visit our website at www.akronlibrary.org.
THE AKRON-SUMMIT COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY IS AN EQUAL OPPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: Jun 28, 2023 / This posting expires: Jul 28, 2023