Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, mecha nical or construction engineering or an equivalent combination of certifications and experience in relevant trades preferred.
- Minimum of five years facilities management experience and safety program administration. Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credentials preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of facilities maintenance programs including planning and implementing preventative maintenance and energy saving programs.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial building design and construction methods, techniques and industry standards and general knowledge of various skilled trades such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Occasional on-call hours required.
The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for department services which support the Library’s mission. Directs and oversees implementation of the department work plan, assigned work, activities, and projects.
- Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules direct reports. Communicates with administrative team on facilities, maintenance, ground keeping, and vehicle related issues.
- Performs short and long range planning and establishes procedures and schedules for the maintenance, repair and/or replacement of facilities, grounds keeping, vehicle fleet, and systems equipment.
- Oversees the functioning of building systems including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, fire safety, and elevators. Monitors and adjusts using Building Automation System software.
- Establishes, prepares, implements, and monitors budget for general maintenance, repairs and capital improvements of existing buildings and related projects. Ensures compliance with budgetary constraints; forecasts and plans facility improvements.
- Works collaboratively with Public Services Directors, Main Library Manager and Branch Library Managers in providing responses to strategic direction for facilities.
- Directs and inspects facilities for regulatory compliance with applicable building and safety codes, including PERRP, ADA, local building requirements, and other applicable regulations in all facilities.
- Creates request for proposals and negotiates contract/vendor proposals. Oversees the development of specifications, bidding, and managing of contracted vendors for custodial, grounds keeping, and preventative maintenance services. Ensures federal, state, and local legal compliance, and adherence to specifications of the project.
- Assesses and monitors projects in progress to ensure contract compliance, quality control, and cost effectiveness; establishes criteria for repair versus replacement of facilities.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of facilities management/maintenance/security; establishes, implements, and updates facility related policies and procedures; complies with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Serves as Prevailing Wage Coordinator to oversee compliance with prevailing wage rates for contracted services.
- Works with Security Manager to maintain safe and secure environment for staff and patrons.
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2021.