Organization:Bexley Public Library
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering, or related qualification such as project management, business management, or construction management.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing and directing the work of others.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with procurement, contracts, and financial principles.
- Knowledge of inspection and safety evaluation methods.
- Solid computer usage experience, including use of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and nights as needed.
- Utmost integrity and concern for confidentiality regarding Library and patron information.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Access to personal vehicle for use on library business to run errands, pick up and deliver packages and repair materials, etc. (Mileage reimbursement provided at Board approved rate.)
The Bexley Public Library is looking for a full time Facilities Manager to join their collaborative, creative leadership team in the heart of Columbus. This position oversees the facility operations at our one main library and works to keep the building as an inviting, comfortable, and safe hub for learning and discovery for patrons and employees alike. They will also direct a comprehensive maintenance program including HVAC systems, custodial services, meeting room preparation, grounds, and safety/security monitoring. Salary range is $45,000 to $60,00 based on experience.
Reporting to the Library Director, the Facilities Manager serves as a member of the Library leadership team. Under general direction, plans, develops, and directs the implementation of a comprehensive facilities maintenance program which includes all functions of facility, grounds, and facility maintenance services, janitorial, HVAC systems, meeting room set up, safety and security monitoring services, to ensure optimal levels of cleanliness, efficiency, comfort, quiet, safety and sanitation are maintained for patrons and employees alike.
For the full position description and to make application, visit us at https://www.bexleylibrary.org/employment.