Organization:BEXLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of government accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal law relating to the financial management and the investment of public funds, generally accepted accounting principles, fund and cash-basis accounting, and financial planning.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the Library’s statutory requirements and powers as authorized by the Ohio Revised Code (Section 3375), Ohio Administrative Code, opinions of the Attorney General, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellence in the use of spreadsheet software and computerized accounting and payroll systems.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and organize work; meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including: the ability to serve as a role model, demonstrate sound judgment, resolve problems and conflicts equitably, and participate as a productive and positive team member.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Appreciation for confidentiality as it relates to future plans and personnel actions; utmost personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to support the Library’s mission, vision, and culture and develop an understanding of the Library’s policies and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting, business administration, public administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related governmental accounting experience.
- Certification and bonding as required by law.
The Fiscal Officer serves as the treasurer for and reports to the Board of Trustees pursuant to Ohio Revised Code. The Fiscal Officer oversees the day-to-day financial operations of the Library providing a high level of customer service to staff and vendors. This position ensures that all financial operations comply with statutes of the State of Ohio, state auditing requirements, federal and local laws, sound financial practices, and the policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees. Works in conjunction with the Library Director for purposes of daily operations and serves as a member of the administrative team.
To review information on the library and our community and the full job description and compensation range, go to https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs. Applications are completed online at this website which will ask for three references and attachment of a cover letter and resume. Application deadline is November 13, 2020. The successful candidate must be able to begin employment January, 2021.