Organization:Bexley Public Library
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting, public administration, or related field. Advanced knowledge of government accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years of governmental accounting experience. Knowledge of state and federal law relating to the financial management and the investment of public funds, generally accepted accounting principles, fund and cash-basis accounting, and financial planning.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the Library’s statutory requirements and powers as authorized by the Ohio Revised Code (Section 3375), Ohio Administrative Code, opinions of the Attorney General, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellence in the use of spreadsheet software and computerized accounting and payroll systems.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and organize work; meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including: the ability to serve as a role model, demonstrate sound judgment, resolve problems and conflicts equitably, and participate as a productive and positive team member.
The Fiscal Officer serves as the treasurer for and reports to the Board of Trustees pursuant to Ohio Revised Code. The Fiscal Officer oversees the day-to-day financial operations of the Library providing a high level of customer service to staff and vendors. This position ensures that all financial operations comply with statutes of the State of Ohio, state auditing requirements, federal and local laws, sound financial practices, and the policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees. Works in conjunction with the Library Director for purposes of daily operations and serves as a member of the administrative team. (All interested applicants must apply online at https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs.)
All interested applicants must apply online at https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs. At this site you will also find more information about our great community and the patrons we serve.