Organization:Tiffin-Seneca Public Library
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting required.
- Previous directly related professional experience.
- Certification and bonding as required by law.
- Satisfactory Ohio BCI background check.
Please Note: TSPL will not extend a formal job offer until satisfactory results from an Ohio BCI background check are on file. The library will pay for the cost of this process for the candidate selected.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Ohio, law relating to the financial management, payroll, and the investment of public funds.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in written English.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the use of UAN accounting system.
- Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain commission as an Ohio Public Notary.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
This is a full-time, exempt position with the possibility of occasional evening or weekend hours necessary.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, and lifting weights up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform general typing, computer, and clerical skills.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
- Periodic intense concentration and sustained viewing of a computer monitor.
- Plans, directs, implements, and evaluates all the financial operations activities and objectives of the library to ensure sound fiscal controls.
- Recommends fiscal and operational policies as well as advising the Board of Trustees and Library Director on fiscal matters; prepares formal Board documents and resolutions in conjunction with the Library Director; provides additional financial reports as requested; works with the Board of Trustees and the Library Director on financial information needed for levy campaigns or other special projects.
- Uses the library’s financial and accounting systems for all aspects of payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, and general ledger. Receives and deposits money into authorized accounts. Pays out monies as directed by the Board of Trustees. Maintains all payroll and fringe benefits records in compliance with local, state, and Federal laws and regulations.
- Follows all necessary procedures when dealing with special projects such as public bidding, prevailing wage, building projects, grants, etc.
- Effectively communicates the library’s financial picture to the Library Director, Board, staff, and the public. Attends all regular meetings of the Board of Trustees and special meetings as required. Prepares proposed Board minutes for approval or correction.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate commercial insurance coverage, any financial disaster recovery plans, the annual budget process, and the biennium audit.
- Ensures adequate cash flow to meet the library’s needs.
- Ensures the library complies with legal and regulatory requirements; reviews and negotiates contracts.
- Completes documents and coordinates with area libraries to earn approval of the Seneca County library funding formula each year.
- Serves as a Board member of the library’s Public Record Commission. Ensures that the library’s record keeping meets the requirements of policy and state law.
- Serves as liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Stays knowledgeable of current professional trends and techniques; participates in relevant continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains inventory of library furnishings and equipment.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of library supplies.
- Maintains records of gifts, donations, and memorials.
- Assists with the compilation of the library’s annual statistical report.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Answers the phone when Circulation is unable to do so.
- Serves on library committees or teams as assigned.
- Supports special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Matthew Ross, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. No phone calls, please.