About this Job
In consultation with the Library Director and under the direction of the Library
Board of Trustees, the Fiscal Officer plans, organizes, and administers the daily financial
activities of library operations and follows legal and procedural regulations as defined under
the Ohio Revised Code for receiving, investing and appropriating library funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives and deposits in authorized accounts all library funds.
• Maintains annual operating and capital budgets.
• Maintains all fiscal management including payroll and accounts payable.
• Files all financial reports with the appropriate local, state and federal agencies as
required by law; publishes notice of the Library’s annual financial report as required by
• Provides analysis of current financial condition of the Library and reports to the Board of
Trustees on a monthly basis.
• Monitors fund balances.
• Assists the Director in the preparation of budget and prepares financial projections.
• Attends all Board meetings.
• Prepares and maintains minutes for Board meetings.
• Issues purchase orders, prepares payments and checks and electronic payments.
• Assists the director and others as requested in preparing specifications and bidding
documents for all biddable purchases/sales; reviews formal bids and makes
recommendations to Director for major purchases, as requested.
• Maintains a records retention schedule, arranges for destruction of obsolete
• Enrolls employees in OPERS and other applicable benefits.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including serving on teams and committees, etc.
Library board, staff, and occasionally patrons
Supervisory/Management Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel to other library locations, or for training.
Physical Demands: Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
Adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Repetitive finger motion to press
Work Environment: Majority of the work performed in a general office/library environment.
Requires periodic participation and attendance at related library events and training.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this summary indicates the general nature and level of work
performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to
Non-Exempt; Fringe Benefits; OPERS Retirement
A full job description can be found on the library’s website, www.idarupp.org.
Experience in public finance administration with previous work experience in
accounting, business or public administration or any equivalent combination of
experience which provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must qualify to be bonded.
• Ability to operate technology systems, including personal computer, software programs
and other job related equipment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information
• Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, staff, director and Board of Trustees.
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
• Successfully pass a background check.
Highly Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
• Experience working with Uniform Accounting Network (UAN).
• Works hard and is energized by challenges. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them.
• Proficient in the knowledge and skills required to perform the job at a high level of
• Manages time effectively and efficiently. Focuses time and effort on priorities and
across a range of activities.
• Gains technical skills quickly. Capable of learning new organization, product or technical
Computer/Technology Skills/Equipment/Software Skills:
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
• Web browsers including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter, contact information for three references and completed application (applications can be found on our website) to:
Lindsay Faust, Director
Ida Rupp Public Library
310 Madison Street
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Application materials must be received by Tuesday, August 9, 2022.
Posted On: Jul 26, 2022 / This posting expires: Aug 9, 2022