About this Job
The Board of Trustees of Delaware (Ohio) County District Library is seeking applications for a full-time Fiscal Officer.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Fiscal Officer serves as the chief financial officer of the Library. The Fiscal Officer has knowledge of and acts in accordance with the Library’s statutory requirements and powers as authorized by the Ohio Revised Code (Section 3375), the Ohio Administrative Code (Chapter 117-4), and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This position establishes controls and is responsible for governmental accounting, investment management, financial reporting, payroll processing, and audit compliance. The Fiscal Officer works in conjunction with the Library Director for purposes of daily operations within the Library system and serves as a member of the administration team.
$90,000 - $100,000
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or public administration is required.
• Master’s degree in a related field and/or certification as a Certified Public Finance Office (CPFO) through the Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA) is preferred.
• Extensive management experience, with progressive levels of responsibility and supervision is required.
• Five (5) to six (6) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability is required.
• Public sector governmental fund accounting experience is preferred.
• Has knowledge of governmental fund accounting and bookkeeping, state auditing requirements, budget development and administration, fund accounting, payroll and banking software, cash flow analysis, and forecasting;
• Extensive and confident experience in public fund investment strategies. Ability to communicate and suggest effective stratagems;
• Has the ability and willingness to proactively perform and present a five (5) - ten (10) year projection/financial cash flow forecast impact on fund balances (cash reserves);
• Has the ability to perform independent, accurate, and complete financial functions and take ownership of compiling and presenting the financial portion of the board packet with a proactive succinctness and clarity, showing the interrelationship of the monthly operations with the resulting fund balances (reserves) and corresponding investments;
• Demonstrates strong supervisory skills, as well as knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques;
• Demonstrates personal and professional integrity, solid interpersonal skills and effective communication, demonstrates kindness, humility, discretion, respect, empathy, openness, and understanding;
• Demonstrates transparent, strategic, and responsive relationships with Board members;
• Leads through an analytical, data-driven lens;
• Demonstrates strong technology skills. Experience with governmental accounting software (Civica CMI software preferred), MS Excel with proper formula use and effective presentation/communication layout, MS Word layout for effective narrative communication, and specific operational accounting/state reporting and payroll systems used, etc.;
• Keeps and maintains the minutes of the Board of Trustee meetings and manages other administrative tasks, in conjunction with the Secretary of the Board;
• Hires and supervises Fiscal staff. Provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and sets performance standards to meet or exceed Library goals and expectations;
• Stays up to date with new developments, best practices, participates in continuing education events, and attends appropriate conferences/trainings;
• Participates in the state library association and/or other professional organizations;
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
The Delaware County District Library is a five (5) branch system. With approximately 100 FTE and a 2023 operating budget of over $11 million, the Library serves one of the fastest growing counties in central Ohio, located just north of Columbus. The Library celebrates that all of its facilities are vibrant centers of activity for patrons and visitors where they can find an inviting environment that encourages reading, learning, community discussion, and lifelong discovery. It is proud to be recognized for engaging minds, expanding opportunities, and improving the quality of life for their users. The mission of the Library is to serve as the public information provider for our community, using traditional and innovative technology to encourage curiosity, free inquiry, and lifelong learning in a friendly environment.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
• Salary: $90,000 - $100,000/year negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
• Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including medical/prescription, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life insurance, vacation, sick leave, holidays, and Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) contribution.
Posted On: Apr 24, 2023 / This posting expires: May 23, 2023