Homework Help Center
Organization:Westerville Public Library
- Experience or education in teaching or training youth K-12th grade.
- High level math skills is required for the HHC.
- Associate degree or 2 or more years credit from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development or a related field.
- Ability to build rapport well and is easy to approach and talk to. Spends effort to put others at ease, is sensitive to others’ anxieties and is a good listener. (Approachability)
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Is a settling influence in a crisis. Is considered mature and can be counted on to hold things together during tough times. (Composure)
- Positive attitude towards public service work (courteous).
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Must be reliable.
- Bilingual communication skills (reading, writing, speaking) in English and either Spanish or Somali would be a plus.
- Familiarity with the following technology (commonly used, not all inclusive):
- Microsoft Office suite, electronic resources, library systems software, and other miscellaneous applications (i.e., telephone system, copier, printing stations.)
- Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings- one on one, group, peers, direct reports, etc. Command attention and manage group process. (Presentation Skills)
Part-time (20 hrs/week); Non-Exempt
Monday – Thursday 5-8pm; Saturdays 11am – 3pm
Summer hours may vary
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for operating or assisting in the operation of the Homework Help Center (HHC) under the guidance of the Youth Services Manager. Provides general Youth Services public service when the HHC is not open.
- Assists students K-12 with homework using textbooks, websites, computers and other sources.
- Answers appropriate questions related to homework assignments.
- Reviews homework instructions with students and help them understand what is being asked.
- Proofreads homework papers, looking for errors and ways for the student to easily improve their assignments. Points out information that is incorrect or missing.
- Teaches students to use reference materials.
- Reinforces basic study skills.
- Monitors customer behavior in the HHC to maintain a good learning environment.
- Models literacy and good study skills.
- Directs volunteers in the HHC to ensure the highest quality of service is being offered to students.
- Utilizes computer applications and library equipment, maintains current knowledge of system wide and location specific procedures, processes, policies and operations. Utilizes e-mail and voicemail to maintain open channels of communication.
- Coordinates with Youth Services Librarians to ensure efficient services throughout the department.
- During non-HHC hours works with customers to provide appropriate resources to satisfy their informational, educational, and recreational needs by providing coverage of the Youth and Teen public desks and by means of reference interviews or reader's advisory services.
- Works within the guidelines established by the Youth Services Manager.