Information Services Assistant
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required. Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to use Internet and other electronic reference resources. Ability to use e-mail, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Schedule includes day time, evening, and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a full-time Information Services Assistant to provide outstanding customer service at our East Branch Library. The staff of the East Branch will join the Belmont Branch staff to form our brand new Southeast Branch Library, which is slated to open later in 2019 adjacent to Belmont High School. The successful candidate should be prepared to offer support to our Children and Teen Services Librarians, provide assistance to patrons using our technology, and perhaps even offer relevant programs or classes to the public. We are looking for a staff member who is flexible and very adaptable—a true team player in every sense. If this describes you, apply today!!
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2019.