Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis)
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our Northmont Branch in Englewood, Ohio. The Northmont Branch is slated to be replaced with a brand new facility in 2021 that will be situated on National Road next to the Kleptz Early Learning Center. The successful candidate will be a customer-service minded individual who enjoys welcoming and engaging patrons proactively—no hiding behind the service desk for us! This person will be dedicated to learning technologies and teaching both new and basic technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. We are looking for a flexible, energetic person who is ready to embrace the many changes coming to our Northmont Branch. Join our team today!
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to email@example.com by June 4, 2019.