Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis)
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Valid Ohio driver’s license appropriate for driving all department vehicles, acceptable motor vehicle record, continuous insurability required.
- Ability to inspect, fuel, perform basic maintenance, and drive Bookmobile and all other Outreach vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to determine patron information needs. Ability to construct a competent and complete search strategy using both print and non-print information resources.
- Knowledge of adult, teen, and children’s materials and reader’s interests.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- Typical work hours will fall between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Ability to occasionally load and unload materials weighing 55-85 pounds. Ability to frequently carry, grasp, reach, hold, lift, stoop, turn, and use keyboard. Ability to intermittently pull and push book trucks weighing up to 250 pounds, up and down ramps and over uneven surfaces. Ability to frequently lift bagged materials weighing 10-15 pounds, sit, stand, walk, and drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision for driving, and the ability to distinguish colors. Ability to speak and hear required. Employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) to work in our Outreach Services department. This individual is required to be a licensed driver in good standing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual who is dedicated to learning and teaching technology to older adults, either in small groups or in a one-on-one setting. The successful candidate may also be called upon to offer story times at preschools/daycares in the area. If you enjoy being out and about in the community, visiting different neighborhoods every day, then consider joining our team!
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides support to children, senior services, and other underserved populations through the Bookmobile, Lobby Stop, and Homebound programs.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials. Serves older adults, children, caregivers and parents in a mobile services environment. Provides library services in institutional and community event settings.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops, and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of individuals served.
- Selects materials for patrons using individual profiles. Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed. Maps Homebound routes.
- Performs daily pre-departure check of vehicles for proper operation. Drives all department vehicles to appointed stops and parks unit in a position to ensure patron and staff safety.
- Assists with daily routines, including request pull list, delivery, loading and unloading the vehicles, and other opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 6, 2019.