Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis)
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- achelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and apply active listening skills. Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with patrons, staff and members of the community.
- Ability to effectively provide one-on-one instruction and present public training sessions. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop and deliver programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required. Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to drive vehicle.
- Ability to use Internet and other electronic reference resources. Ability to use e-mail, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Schedule includes day time, evening, and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) to provide outstanding customer service at our Trotwood Branch Library. The current branch will be replaced by a brand new one just down the street in early 2020. The new branch will boast dedicated areas for children and teens, a quiet reading room with a fireplace, and a host of meeting rooms which will be very popular with the community. The successful candidate will offer one-on-one assistance and teach classes on utilizing various digital library resources. This individual should also be prepared to establish connections with strategic community organizations. If you are energetic and enjoy helping others learn technology, we want to hear from you!
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by September 18, 2019.