Instructional & Reference Services Librarian
About this Job
The Robert S. Marx Law Library at the University of Cincinnati College of Law invites applications for the position of Instructional & Reference Services Librarian. As an integral part of the College of Law, the Library helps prepare law students for legal practice and supports faculty scholarship and teaching. The Instructional & Reference Services Librarian reports to the Associate Director of the Law Library.
• Participates in formal and informal research instruction, including, but not limited to, the Legal Research & Writing program and potentially the Advanced Legal Research class. Collaborates with colleagues on the Legal Research Competency program. Creates instructional material, research guides, and promotional materials as needed.
• Provides research and reference services to all library users.
• Participates in the liaison program for faculty including, but not limited to, monitoring the research interests of those faculty, providing research services to those faculty, and training and supporting the work of student research assistants of those faculty. Supports faculty scholarship through work with the law library’s institutional repository.
• Collaborates in policy making and planning for public services.
• Works with the Associate Director in developing and coordinating library outreach activities and materials, including the library’s social media presence, to engage the law school community and other library users
• Participates in the collection development process; suggests and advises on the selection of library materials.
• Serves on Law Library and other UC inter-jurisdictional library committees as appropriate.
Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience
• J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
• M.L.S. or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution
• Demonstrated knowledge of legal resources and legal research in electronic and print formats
• Record of successful teaching
• Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the law library, law school, and university community
• Strong service orientation
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Interest in and ability to contribute to the profession via research and service
1 or more years of experience in legal research instruction
For all faculty hires official academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Interested applicants should apply online at jobs.uc.edu #80923. Applications will be accepted and the position will remain open until filled. Questions about the position may be sent confidentially to Susan Boland, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected]
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
Posted On: Feb 28, 2022 / This posting expires: Apr 1, 2022