About this Job
The successful candidate will work closely with the Library’s Director and members of the administrative team.
Duties include but are not limited to: Develops, implements, and evaluates an innovative technology plan to meet the Library system’s information technology needs
- Oversees the setup, configuration, administration, and maintenance of the Library’s technology networks, hardware, software, and peripherals; Evaluates, selects, and recommends Library-wide technology purchases; Evaluates and recommends new technologies and encourages innovation among staff in utilization and implementation of ideas and techniques
- Manages and maintains network security; Oversees the library telephone, security camera systems, building security system, and building PA system;
- Maintains library electronic equipment and devices, including inventory and necessary hardware and software licenses;
- Prepares departmental budget requests and manages distribution of allocated funds;
- Participates in the hiring, training, and evaluating of staff; Forges partnerships in the community; Demonstrates a positive attitude and supports library goals and objectives.
$45,000 - $65,000
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field OR Prior related professional experience in a technology related field and/or equivalent experience preferred OR Concentrated training in Computer Science with five years’ experience in an IT department with progressive responsibilities
- Required Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of computer hardware/software and electronic/network security; Excellent knowledge of firewall software, email systems, and cloud systems administration; Knowledge Microsoft
- Windows desktop and Microsoft Server administration; firewall, router, and switch network administration; Excellent knowledge of technology troubleshooting principles; Prior library experience and knowledge of Library software preferred
- Required Skills: Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability to supervise others and to act independently
- Ability to work with others in an approachable, cooperative, and effective manner.
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audience
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to use evidence-based principles related to creating and implementing departmental budgets and departmental strategic plan
- Ability to effectively network and represent the library to business and community leaders
- Willingness to be active in the Ohio Library Council and Ohio library technology networks, including travel to trainings and meetings
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Applications will be reviewed as received; the position will be open until filled. Interested persons should submit a completed TCPL job application (available at www.tusclibrary.org), letter of interest, current resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to: Jennifer Groff, Human Resource Specialist, Tuscarawas County Public Library System, 121 Fair Avenue NW, New Philadelphia, OH 44663
Posted On: Aug 6, 2021 / This posting expires: Oct 6, 2021