Lakeland Community College
About this Job
General Description of Position:
This position performs library circulation duties and responsibilities.
• Perform circulation duties: check out/renew materials, prepare notices for overdue materials, collect fines, notify patrons of receipt of ordered materials, answer phone and respond to visitor’s questions or direct callers/visitors to appropriate resource person, maintain reserves collection.
• Provide general information to callers and patrons and assist patrons using public access equipment, e.g., scanners, laptops, copiers, and other library equipment.
• Collect data for and prepare reports of library activity.
• Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the circulation desk and the Library.
• Assist library personnel with special projects.
• Assist with annual inventory process; instituting procedures, and prioritizing work.
• Assist in checking materials during inventory.
• Assemble and display library promotional materials.
Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
• High school diploma and previous library work experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of current office practices, procedures, and equipment; library procedures; basic mathematics.
• Skills in following oral and written instructions; providing excellent customer service; performing arithmetical calculations; maintaining files.
• Abilities to learn and apply applicable library policies and procedures; operate standard office equipment and various telecommunications networks; perform routine and detailed tasks in an accurate and efficient manner; maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
Physical Activity Level
• Light - Sit sometimes; walk and stand sometimes, lift occasionally.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, people with disabilities and people over 40. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. If your disability requires special accommodations to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7575.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
To apply for this position, please be prepared to do the following:
• Complete all questions in the application*
• Attach a current resume and a cover letter which addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, application review will begin August 1, 2022.
*TO AVOID DIFFICULTIES WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE YOUR WEB BROWSER IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION. ALLOW YOURSELF SUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION SINCE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE A PARTIALLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND WORK ON IT LATER.
Posted On: Jun 30, 2022 / This posting expires: Aug 2, 2022