About this Job
The Plain City Public Library is looking for a creative, curious, empathetic, energetic and customer-oriented individual to join our team in serving as part-time Library Assistant. Our mission is to provide resources to enhance the quality and enjoyment of life; to do so the Plain City Public Library believes in:
- Being excellent communicators; thriving in a flexible environment that values health, family and respect for one another
- Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for personalized attention without discrimination
- Maintaining an accessible facility that fosters curiosity and discovery for all people, through traditional services, education and emerging technologies
- Building community partnerships through dynamic outreach and wide-ranging programs
- Being mindful of the cultural heritage of our communities and how it shapes us while we seek out new trends and embrace opportunities for the future
The Library Assistant is an essential part of the library’s programming team as they assist in the preparation and sometimes the execution, of many programs and services for patrons of all ages. Using a variety of tools and applications, the Library Assistant’s day is rarely ever the same. Under the guidance of a team librarian, the Assistant may be tasked to create signage, complete basic video editing, recommend great reads (and listens), answer questions, visit outreach sites, creatively solve problems, perform a storytime, contribute content for media, or generally help to keep everything and everyone organized. Some days are quietly dressed up in a recording studio and other days are a loud dusty mess; and every day is go, go, go!
- The desired candidate will have some experience working with youth, know their way around organizational apps, has experience with creating various digital media and must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to travel with the library’s outreach vehicle.
- Since many library programs happen on evenings and weekends, the Library Assistant must work a Friday/Saturday rotation and regular evenings every week.
- The ideal candidate will sometimes be responsible for opening or closing the library and must be able to work Monday & Wednesday mornings, Tuesday & Thursday evenings and Fridays except when scheduled on Saturday approximately once a month.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jul 22, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 6, 2021