Library Circulation Assistant
About this Job
General Description of Position: This position performs library circulation duties and responsibilities.
• Perform circulation duties: check out/renew materials, prepare notices for
overdue materials, collect fines, notify patrons of receipt of ordered
answer phone and respond to visitor’s questions or direct callers/visitors to
appropriate resource person, maintain reserves collection.
• Provide general information to callers and patrons and assist patrons using
public access equipment, e.g., scanners, laptops, copiers, and other library
• Collect data for and prepare reports of library activity.
• Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the circulation desk and the Library.
• Assist library personnel with special projects.
• Assist with annual inventory process; instituting procedures, and prioritizing
• Assist in checking materials during inventory.
• Assemble and display library promotional materials.
Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
• High school diploma and previous library work experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the
knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
• Knowledge of current office practices, procedures, and equipment; library
procedures; basic mathematics.
• Skills in following oral and written instructions; providing excellent customer
service; performing arithmetical calculations; maintaining files.
• Abilities to learn and apply applicable library policies and procedures;
operate standard office equipment and various telecommunications
networks; perform routine and detailed tasks in an accurate and efficient
manner; maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
• These are part-time, 29 hours and 20 hours per week, continuing staff
positions, which requires the availability to work evening and weekend
• The hourly salary is at grade 4A of the staff salary schedule, with a starting
rate of $14.00/per hour.
• Non-insurance benefits include paid time away for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, and prorated tuition.
To apply for this position, please be prepared to do the following:
• Complete all questions in the application*
• Attach a current resume and a cover letter which addresses how you meet
the qualifications for this position.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please apply online at the link above.
Posted On: Oct 6, 2022 / This posting expires: Jan 1, 2023