About this Job
Wilmington College invites applicants from, and nominations of, qualified candidates for the full-time position of Director, S. Arthur Watson Library on the main campus of Wilmington College in southwest Ohio.
The Director reports to the Academic Dean/Dean of Faculty and supports the main campus of Wilmington College as well as academic programs in Cincinnati and emerging online programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate a 21st century vision for leadership in the faculty/student focused environment of the private college academic library. The Director works to continually improve the integration of the Library into the academic life of the College, its faculty, and students, aligning collections and services with the curriculum of both graduate and undergraduate programs. The Director has overall responsibility for the collections, services, programs, policies and procedures, assessments/reports, staff development/evaluation, and the learning environment of the Library.
Watson Library currently manages collections through the shared Innovative Interfaces Sierra ILS and participates in the campus online personnel and budget management system. Watson Library houses the College Archive and Special Collections (Society of Friends historical collections and records deposited with the Library by the Wilmington and the Ohio Valley Yearly Meetings of Friends). These unique collections contain rare documents, photographs, books, and maps related to local and Quaker history.
The successful candidate will effectively communicate a vision for leveraging and promoting current member relationships with the Ohio Private Academic Libraries (OPAL) and OhioLINK consortia, integrating emerging technologies, building cooperative campus partnerships that enhance the teaching/learning environment as well as programming opportunities, and promoting and enhancing digital collections.
The Director supervises the following positions: Cataloger/Reference Librarian, College Archive Coordinator, Head, Reference & Instruction Services, Quaker Collection, Circulation Coordinator, and Library Collections/Technical Services Manager.
commensurate with experience
- MLIS (or MLS) from an ALA accredited program
- Three years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a library
- Proven ability to manage budgets and projects
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written, oral, and online communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of general MS Office products and standard library online applications
- Commitment to team-development and collaboration at the departmental, collegiate, and consortial levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of current practices and trends in information research in academic disciplines, collection development, archive management, information technology, scholarly communication, copyright in academic settings, and the design of learning environments (online and in-house)
- Analytic, strategic, and innovative thinking skills
- Creativity, engagement, and commitment to outreach
- Ability and willingness to work some evening and weekend hours and engage in some in-state travel.
Wilmington College is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate unlawfully in employment matters based on race, religion, gender, color, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law. EOE. WC offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full time positions including group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, TIAA-CREF, tuition remission, paid vacation, and holidays.
We encourage candidates to review our website and learn about our history, what we are doing today and how we are preparing for tomorrow. It is an exciting time here at Wilmington College!
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Applications should include a cover letter, current CV/resume, and three professional references.
Posted On: Mar 23, 2022 / This posting expires: Jun 21, 2022