Library Engagement Strategist (Term position/Full-Time)
Organization:Health Sciences Library, The Ohio State University
- Master's degree in library and information science or equivalent combination of education and academic library experience
- Experience with group facilitation methodologies
- Familiarity with academic library culture and evolving trends around library and information research services
- Awareness of various digital library systems, software, and metadata standards
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and problem-solving abilities
- Exhibits strong interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills including planning and delivery of presentations and webinars
- Shows ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team placing a high value on results and project-focused outcomes
- Proficiency with office productivity, project management and web conferencing technologies software (e.g., MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Zoom, Teams, etc.).
- Drivers’ license and ability to occasionally travel to libraries across the state
- Flexible schedule, requiring occasional evening or weekend activities
Requires successful completion of a background check; may be required to complete a pre-employment physical, including a drug screen;
- This is a grant-funded, full-time, fixed term appointment
- Flexible work shifts and opportunity for both remote work and on-campus interactions
Reporting to the The Ohio State University Health Sciences Library Director, the Ohio Innovation Exchange (OIEx) Library Engagement Strategist will lead the development of a cross-institutional framework for growing institutional awareness, adoption, and local campus support for the OIEx, a collaborative, multi-university initiative funded by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Focused on enhancing visibility of and access to information about university experts, research services, equipment and technologies, OIEx is a data-sharing system designed to connect academic researchers with businesses. From research partnerships, intellectual property and technology licensing opportunities, to business development and student internships, OIEx is positioned to foster economic development and intellectual advancement across Ohio and the globe.
Working in partnership with the OIEx leadership team and a cross-institutional group of librarians at the participating Ohio universities, the Strategist will first develop knowledge and familiarity with the OIEx initiative, its goals, system features, services, and planned enhancements and will also explore and evaluate peer systems that mimic the goals and functionality of OIEx in search of ways librarians have successfully helped advance adoption, advocacy, and support. The Strategist will facilitate introductions between OIEx and the library community by identifying and organizing network collaboration meetings and other outreach events and leverage events to foster discussions regarding the value and potential impact of the OIEx on their respective campuses; lead team ideation exercises exploring ways librarians could accelerate OIEx adoption on their campuses; capture feedback and insights and report back to the OIEx leadership team on OIEx efforts, communications, and platform developments; crowd source the development, testing and assessment of training, communications, and advocacy materials.
For additional information and to apply: