Library Service Coordinator (Course Reserves)
About this Job
The University of Akron Libraries seek an innovative, service-oriented, well-organized, enthusiastic, course reserve expert as Library Service Coordinator. Taking a leadership role as the course reserve manager, the successful candidate will lead efforts to ensure course reserve and copyright compliance services critical to the access, delivery, and application of course materials are efficient, contemporary, and compliant. This position is part of the Affordable Learning Initiative team, with responsibilities to increase access to OER for faculty inclusion in course materials through management of the systems that store and deliver these resources.
This Library Service Coordinator position may be considered for a flexible work assignment with some partial week work from home opportunities. This position may rarely be scheduled for a weekend or evening shift.
The Library Service Coordinator represents the University with consortium partners at the state, regional, and national level, participates as a member of library-wide groups, task forces, and project teams, and will work comfortably and with a high degree of expertise in a shared decision making environment.
1. Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Minimum of two years’ experience coordinating, administering, and/or managing a library related application based service such as: Electronic Resource Management System, Discovery System, Interlibrary Loan Management, Software System, Course Reserve Management Software System, Online Course Content Management System, and/or Learning Management System.
3. Ability to use library systems such as online catalogs, research databases and national library catalogs such as OCLC required.
4. Strong problem solving, customer services, verbal/written communication, technical, and project management skills required.
5. Highly developed computer skills and an ability to troubleshoot across a variety of systems and platforms.
1. Two years’ experience coordinating, administering and/or managing a library related application based service for course reserves.
2. Familiarity with copyright and fair-use practices in an academic environment.
3. Extensive customer service experience and demonstrated pattern of modeling exceptional customer service to users and colleagues in a public service setting.
4. Ability to effectively adapt to and use emerging library technologies and software.
5. Problem solving skills that have a demonstrated impact on services, systems, and users.
6. Experience with reference service, collection development and/or instruction.
7. Two years’ experience supervising staff or student assistants.
8. ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science or an international equivalent.
The University of Akron is a vibrant community driven by collaboration, partnership and a steadfast determination to provide opportunity and success to all learners The University of Akron believes diversity is a vital element of an equitable and thriving workplace. A diverse workforce is essential as we strive to create a dynamic academic environment that prepares students to be citizens of the world around them, and as we deepen the value we place on our connection to the Greater Akron community.
We celebrate the power of uniqueness, and the strength that coalesces when unique voices are heard. We seek to empower employees to lead in their colleges, departments, offices and divisions. People of all backgrounds work on our campus every day, and we value the contribution of each individual in their commitment to a better University of Akron.
We welcome candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists and leaders. Bound and determined to meet every challenge, we continue to climb, to forge new paths and reach new heights – and we want you to join us. Bring your voice. Bring your uniqueness. Bring you. We are Akron. We rise together.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: May 17, 2022 / This posting expires: Jun 16, 2022