Library Services Manager
About this Job
The North Canton Public Library is seeking a proactive, team-oriented, and innovative professional to provide consistent support, honest leadership, and responsible oversight to the Library’s Adult & Teen Services, Technical Services, and Facilities departments. The Library Services Manager must be experienced, enthusiastic, and able to facilitate collaboration across departments to present consistently high service to Library patrons. The successful candidate will be a skilled team-builder and possess the ability to blend traditional and cutting-edge library services in an environment of continuous learning, support, and progress. Job Title: Library Services Manager
Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week), including evening and weekend hours Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000 per year plus generous benefits package; salary range commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience Qualifications: ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS. Library and supervisory experience required.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage, evaluate, and coordinate three major divisions of service within the Library: Adult & Teen Services, Technical Services, and Library Facilities
- Oversee Technical Services and Library Facilities staff by monitoring work production, resolving problems, and maintaining a smooth workflow
- Direct the Adult & Teen Services Department by managing and supporting the day-to-day work and goals of Adult & Teen Services staff to ensure clear expectations, consistent communication, and proactive collaboration; supervising staff in the presentation of public programs and classes; and evaluating the effectiveness of library services and programs, making adjustments as necessary to assure the delivery of the highest quality of service
- Lead departmental staff in providing the highest quality service to all internal and external customers, which includes building group processes and achieving team goals
- Contribute to the visibility of library services via advocacy, relationship building, and engaged dialogue; encourage the growth of staff in relation to this work as well
- Serve as an active, engaged, and collaborative member of the library’s management team; contribute to the development and execution of goals in support of the Library’s mission and strategic plan
- Interpret the Library’s policies and procedures to the public in a customer-friendly manner and lead staff to do the same
- Oversee the distribution and spending of the annual budget as it relates to the Library’s print and non-print collections, as well as cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Ensure the safety of the building, its users, and its staff through compulsory compliance with established policies and procedures, monitoring potential safety/liability problems, and implementing warranted changes
- Work with the Director and facilities staff to schedule necessary building inspections and address necessary repairs
- Work with the Director to formulate policies related to the Library’s facilities, reference services, and technical services departments; interpret and assure the implementation of these policies
- Work with the Director and management team to meet the goals and objectives of the Library’s long-range plans Keep informed of developments in the library profession
$40,000 - $50,000
- Integrated library systems (specifically Polaris), reference services, adult and teen programming, electronic databases, emerging technology, collection development, facilities management, supervision, planning, and administration.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, three letters of reference, and a completed job application.
Posted On: Jun 23, 2021 / This posting expires: Aug 1, 2021