Library Specialist--Evening Supervisor & Circulation
Organization:Columbus College of Art & Design
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Interact in an effective and professional manner with diverse populations, the college community, and the public
· Ability to function effectively and independently in a flexible environment
· Ability to retain and follow circulation policies while resolving patron issues equitably
· Ability to exercise appropriate judgment with minimal supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 1 year work experience in a library or a customer service environment required.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The Library Specialist-Evening Supervisor & Circulation is under the supervision of the Director of Library Services and is responsible for supervising student workers during the evenings and enabling circulation routines to run smoothly and accurately. This position works in the evenings during the academic semester with an adjusted day shift schedule during breaks and summer months. Daily operations will include circulation duties, closing the library, supervising student employees during shifts, providing service to patrons at the desk, troubleshooting library equipment and technology (e.g. printers, copiers, computers, scanners), basic reference and directional guidance in-person and over the phone, communicating library policies and procedures, collecting data, and other related functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
· Supervises student workers during evening desk shifts; oversee shelving, shelf-reading, searching for missing items, and other related tasks
· Maintains patron records on Sierra and PowerCampus and informs of overdue or billed materials
· Serves as contact person for local patrons regarding library records and procedures
· Generates and processes Ohio Private Academic Libraries (OPAL)/OhioLINK requests and shipments
· Guides patrons in finding and using library resources and answers basic reference questions
· Provides basic technical troubleshooting for computers, printers, and equipment
· Assists library staff with collection maintenance including deaccessioning and inventory
· Performs other duties as needed
Directly supervises student employees in the Library during evening shifts (approximately 2 students per shift). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training students; assigning and directing their work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Does not formally evaluate performance.
To apply, click here: https://ccad.applicantpro.com/jobs/1173617.html