Marketing and Communication Coordinator
About this Job
If you’re a marketing professional who dreams of being part of an innovative, growth-minded organization, this position is just the one for you! Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS) is looking for a creative, highly-motivated, and experienced candidate to establish, carry out, and continually improve our digital and print marketing and communication strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Design, create, implement, and evaluate a marketing/communication program and activities for MCLS broadly and for specific programs and services
- Perform regular/routine marketing and communications, including creating and publishing the monthly MCLS newsletter, press releases, surveys, and annual reports
- Collaborate with staff to create a new MCLS website, including branding
- Manage MCLS’s social media presence
- Work with outside firms as needed to create marketing materials in various formats
- Assist MCLS staff who market/communicate about specific programs, projects, and events
- Create, curate, and offer materials and templates libraries can use to market their value and impact
- Coordinate conference booth arrangements and other events, in collaboration with staff
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor's degree with a major in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations, or a professional marketing/communication certification and at least 3-5 years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in marketing and communication work, including creating marketing plans, strategies, methods, practices, and/or materials for a company or organization
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, articulate, prioritize, implement, and evaluate short and long-range marketing and communication goals
- Experience communicating a company or organization’s values, services, and offerings to a diverse audience of current and potential members, customers, and others
- Demonstrated ability to produce attractive, professional, effective marketing/communications pieces (including presentations, email marketing newsletters, Web pages, and reports)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving, collaborative, multi-constituency environment with an ability to manage a diverse set of priorities and track simultaneous projects and processes
- Proficiency and comfort with modern collaboration technologies and productivity tools and online survey software
- Familiarity with and/or working knowledge of software to design and manage marketing messaging, automate content distribution, and data analysis
- Experience working with libraries and/or library staff
- Visual media skills, e.g., graphic design, Web design, and/or data visualization
We know it’s tough to feel confident applying if you don’t meet each and every requirement. Even if you don’t meet them all, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
The ideal candidate is a resident of Indiana or Michigan and able to work remotely with up to 20% travel. The starting annual salary is $60,000-$80,000 depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer excellent health, retirement, and other benefits.
To apply, please email a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to us at [email protected].
Posted On: Mar 28, 2022 / This posting expires: Apr 26, 2022