Marketing/Community Engagement Specialist
Organization:Wright Memorial Public Library
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Art, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Exceptional ability to present ideas verbally, visually, and in writing
- Previous PR/Marketing experience highly preferred
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Creative, with ability to spot and capitalize on trends as well as develop new ideas and strategies
- Proficient with social media as a marketing tool
- Strong teamwork and collaborative spirit, with exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of the Wright Library service district and the ability to maintain and build strong community relationships.
- Quick learner, flexible and eager to learn new skills
- Familiar with design software
- Lead marketing and outreach efforts that promote the library as a community destination for education, information, and recreation
- Communicate in person, in writing, online, and via all outlets with media, stakeholders, and patrons to maintain the library’s voice and engage the community with the library
- Develop and implement print and digital marketing strategies, including an ongoing social media presence, press releases, newsletters, e-mail marketing, website, and special reports
- Maintain and build upon relationships with community organizations and key thought leaders in the community
- Ensure consistency of branding and marketing efforts
- Assist with fundraising campaigns
- Plan, organize, promote and run special events
Submit application and resume along with three samples of your work based on the event description below:
- A mock press release
- An 8 ½ x 11” poster design for a library event
- Two samples of social media posts in support of the event.
Slightly Spooky Stories Open Mic Night, October 17, 2019, 6-7:30 PM, a youth writing program that includes a week of writing workshops and culminates in an Open Mic night, where the kids can read their stories or works by someone else.
Job description is available at wrightlibrary.org/jobs.
Send completed applications with samples by October 9, 2019 to:
Kristi Hale, Director
1776 Far Hills Avenue
Oakwood, OH 45419
Wright Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.