Mobile Library Services Manager
About this Job
The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library is looking for an engaging, motivated, and flexible person with a deep commitment to customer service to assume the position of Mobile Library Services Manager working in the Mobile Library Services Department. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic about serving identified underrepresented populations and providing programming targeted to those populations. This position will also require the successful candidate to seek ways to continue to grow our Outreach service and improve upon the Library’s services to the Trumbull County community, as well as work as a team player to enhance the Library’s work culture of kindness, respect, and integrity among staff. The Mobile Library Services Department Manager will plan, coordinate and direct library services of the Bookmobile, Outreach services, and Talking Book services to support the library’s missions and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and updates overall plan of service for the Mobile Library Services Dept. Plans and implements new services and programs as appropriate. Establishes departmental operating procedures.
• Schedules and evaluates stops for Outreach vehicles and Bookmobile.
• Assigns staff to Bookmobile and Outreach routes.
• Develops and maintains an effective team of employees through hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and scheduling personnel.
• Develops and maintains materials in all formats in the Mobile Services collections within the allocated budget and in response to service community needs. Selects, orders and weeds collections (working cooperatively with Youth Services Department on children/teen materials).
• Serves as Talking Book Coordinator through the Ohio Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled at Cleveland Public Library.
• Oversees interior/exterior maintenance and repairs of Bookmobile and Outreach vehicles.
• Oversees efficient building facility operations, including interior housekeeping and maintenance issues as well as exterior maintenance, both in cooperation with the Facilities Department.
• Participates in the public service routines of the department by substituting for Bookmobile or Outreach staff as necessary.
• Maintains ongoing communication with supervisor about all aspects of Mobile Library Services.
$56,020 annual starting
Master of library science degree from an ALA-accredited college or university and five or more years of professional (MLS) experience in public service is needed. Varied experience is useful, i.e. children's service, reference, adult service. At least 2 years of supervisory experience required. Positive record of accomplishment. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Must be able to drive the Library’s outreach vehicles (CDL is NOT required). Ability to work independently and multitask. Ability to helpfully communicate with the public to determine customer needs. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Ability to use and understand technology. Ability to analyze needs and situations. Ability to make sound decisions. Ability to work well with others and to promote positive staff and community relations. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to follow and apply library procedures and policies.
Please refer to the Core Competencies for Library Staff on the Library’s website, www.wtcpl.org.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Apr 18, 2022 / This posting expires: Jul 18, 2022