Outreach Library Associate
Organization:Bexley Public Library
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and at least one (1) year of customer service experience, teaching or instruction experience, or similar; or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Ability to deliver programs and to speak before groups
- Ability to retain, follow, and explain organizational procedures, processes, policies and operations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- High degree of comfort with common software and hardware; excellent online and print research skills
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
Under general direction of the Adult Services Manager, the Outreach Library Associate will coordinate outreach programs, volunteers, and perform general duties of a Library Associate. This position works 32 hours per week and one weekend every three weeks.
Essential Position Functions
- Coordinates community outreach programs and services
- Serves as outreach liaison to partner senior living facilities and coordinates relevant programming and services.
- Communicates effectively with other departments to coordinate outreach tasks, including outreach delivery to partner senior living facilities, and homebound deliveries.
- Coordinates outreach to community events, works collaboratively with library staff to prioritize events, plans staff participation, and may attend.
- Assists librarians with the development and implementation of innovative programs that encourage library use and enhance the library image in the community. Develop and implement programs assigned.
- Develops programs and services to better serve patrons outside of the library
- Tracks, records, and monitors outreach statistics.
- Performs all duties of a Library Associate
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Provides desk coverage for all departments as needed.
- Provides basic reference, readers, and viewers advisory services to the public through various means including in person, over the phone, and through web-based communications.
- Creates attractive and timely displays and merchandises library materials.
- Supports librarians in developing and maintaining the collection.
- Coordinates adult volunteer activities
- Collaborates effectively with other library staff to coordinate, assess, train and recognize volunteers.
- Maintains volunteer correspondence with applicants and tracks volunteer records and statistics.
- Represents the library at recruitment events, as assigned.
- Utilizes technology appropriately
- Trains patrons on use of library technologies and library resources; provides instructional technology programming.
- Utilizes computer applications and library equipment, maintains current knowledge of organizational procedures, processes, policies and operations.
- Utilizes email and voicemail to maintain open channels of communication.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and supports library goals and objectives.
- Responds to patron questions and situations in accordance with library policy and in a manner to enhance the reputation of the library as a public service organization.
If you are interested in joining a collaborative, creative team of individuals, please review the full position description and the application process at our website at https://www.bexleylibrary.org/employment.