Outreach Services Manager
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an A.L.A. accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to periodically drive all department vehicles. Ability to perform minimal troubleshooting and maintenance activities for the department vehicles. Knowledgeably discuss maintenance concerns with vendors.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee division operations and personnel. Ability to prepare and administer budgets. Ability to maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public, and the staff.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs. Ability to model a competent and complete search strategy using both print and non-print information resources. Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to library services.
- Typical hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 4:00PM; occasional evenings and weekends required.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a full-time Outreach Services Manager for our Outreach Services department. This individual is required to be a licensed driver in good standing. Our Outreach department offers three separate services in our community. We provide the bookmobile at early literacy centers, such as daycares and preschools. We also have a homebound service which entails delivering library items to patrons at home who cannot come to their local library. The last service we offer is our lobby stops at older adult living facilities. We provide browsing collections to them in the lobbies of where they live and assist them in checking these items out. The successful candidate will manage each of these lines of service while ensuring that each department vehicle remains in good working condition. We seek positive professionals who are motivated to provide service leadership to their teams, and who are energized by the potential of the rapidly-changing role and responsive nature of the Library in our community. Join our team today!
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for services to selected populations which support the Library’s mission.
- Directs all department activities, including early literacy initiatives for at-risk families, library services to older adults age 55+, people with disabilities, and service to other emerging populations.
- Coordinates system-wide library services to specific target populations.
- Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules Outreach Services employees. Oversees department volunteers. Serves as liaison between Administration and Outreach. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
- Creates and maintains the department collection profile. Collaborates with Collection Development to ensure the collection is responsive to the informational, educational and recreational needs of the target populations. Advises Collection Development on specific needs for older adult, disabled, or immigrant populations. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
- Promotes community awareness of the Library, with emphasis on special and at-risk populations. Establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Prepares annual budget requests and submits quarterly, topical, and other reports as requested.
- Provides direct public service for both early childhood and older adult activities. Coordinates and participates in system-wide public events.
- Ensures Outreach motor vehicle fleet is operating properly. Monitors Outreach facility needs, initiates maintenance and repair of the building, equipment, and grounds in cooperation with the Facilities Manager and the building’s owners.
- Ensures safe and careful operation of Outreach motor vehicles for both staff and patrons. Ensures that all staff are fully trained in vehicle operational and safety procedures. Establishes clear safety protocols for staff at Outreach locations.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by October 6, 2020.