PUBLIC RELATIONS, MARKETING AND PROGRAMMING COORDINATOR
About this Job
To promote, communicate and market the Library's messages, programs and services externally and internally in a variety of mediums including but not limited to newspapers and other local media, electronic/social media, publications and signage and to direct, coordinate and create Library oriented programming.
1. Write and publish regularly scheduled publications promoting the Library, its collections and its programming in a variety of mediums
2. Coordinates and writes library press releases, book reviews, targeted emails, and web stories
3. Coordinates library awareness activities and represents the library at public meetings
4. Represents the Library at community meetings and events to seek communication opportunities
5. Works with the administration in cultivating media and stakeholder relationships and create, list and maintain contacts in local and area media and businesses
6. Assist the various departments in producing print and electronic materials for the public
7. Oversees library website, social media and library app updates
8. Reviews and enters programs into and the website calendar database
9. Assist in the creation of in-house materials including signs, flyers or other print or electronic materials
10. Provides input to the library’s administrative team regarding areas of public interest
11. Work directly with the programming committee and staff in general in promoting Library activities, events, and displays for the public
12. Assist in assembling, maintaining, and updating materials, equipment and software needed to market and promote the Library to its patrons and the public in general
13. Create and maintain a system of communicating with various Library departments and committees to ensure timely and accurate promotion of activities and events
14. Serves as primary grammar and content editor for all external-facing communications
15. Serves as Library public information contact through response to calls for information from individuals and organizations; responds to and facilitates requests from media companies, photographers and community organizations to use Library space for video or photo productions; coordinates Library participation in or hosting of community events.
16. Perform other committee, departmental and Library duties as assigned by the Director
Based on Experience
1. Possess an associate’s or higher level of degree in communications, mass media, public relations, marketing, or related field, or equivalent work experience
2. Journalism experience with strong written and oral communication skills with knowledge of various communications styles to inform, persuade, and educate diverse audiences
3. Experience with laying out and publishing text and photographic material
4. Experience with developing websites and creating web content
5. Experience with creating and posting professional social media content
6. Ability to work with computer software such as Photoshop and other similar programs and to use hardware such as cameras, scanners, copiers, computers, etc.
7. Ability to write and edit original text that will promote and enhance the Library
8. Ability to coordinate and create newsletters utilizing multiple modes of delivery
9. Ability to perform routine and assigned duties while being under indirect supervision and/or while working alone
10. Ability to work with Library staff to create displays and programs
11. Ability to work weekends and evenings as assigned
12. Ability to work with staff members in both structured and unstructured environments
13. Possess exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented
14. Broad knowledge of the library’s patron demographics and ability to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; convey an interest in diverse backgrounds and perspectives
15. Ability to physically move light materials
16. Superior customer service skills
1. Possess graphic design skills (preferred, but not required)
2. Possess video creation and editing skills (preferred, but not required)
The Piqua Public Library serves as a community-based organization to provide free informational, educational, and recreational materials to its patrons. The Library is also dedicated to providing an environment that fosters and promotes the philosophy of life-long learning. The Piqua Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Applications are available at the first floor Circulation Desk and the Administration Office in the basement or on our website.
Please email application, cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Posted On: Aug 26, 2022 / This posting expires: Sep 17, 2022