Public Services Manager
About this Job
Works under the general direction of the Library Director supervising and daily operation of the Library.
A Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including a background in management, administration, operations or public service may be acceptable.
Prior experience in a public library
• Supervises the daily operation of the Library.
• Trains new employees and supervises the procedures and daily tasks of public library service.
• Develops and conducts in-service education for employees.
• Supervises volunteers performing community service.
• Monitors the use of office supplies and requests supplies in a timely manner.
• Reviews recommendations by Library staff and revisions to Library policies or practices; submits recommendations to the Director.
• Assists in the maintenance of the Library collection based on varied criteria and methods of evaluation under the direction of the Library Director and Adult and Youth Services Librarians.
• Participates in service programs, publicity and public relations.
• Manages resource sharing through the library consortium, including processing of incoming and returned materials, packing and unpacking materials for delivery through courier service and processing expired holds.
• Maintains knowledge of the job duties of subordinates participating in their work as needed by working the circulation counter, shelving materials and reading shelves.
• Interprets Belmont County District Library policies and procedures for Library users in a customer-responsive manner.
• Other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
Duties are performed indoors in an office environment and require extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking and hearing with occasional periods of climbing or balancing, the pulling, pushing, lifting or carrying of items, keyboarding, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Weights up to 50 pounds are encountered. Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The Public Services Manager must be able to interpret statistical data, read materials and receive verbal instructions requiring complex interpretation.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to [email protected] or by mail to Belmont County District Library, Attn Director, 20 James Wright Place, Martins Ferry OH 43935.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posted On: Jan 18, 2023 / This posting expires: Mar 1, 2023