Senior Digital Librarian
Organization:United States Air Force
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in library science, intelligence, foreign area studies, language studies, or social sciences is desired.
- Knowledge of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)/Publically Available Information (PAI) collection, digital library operations and information sciences, including information acquisition, storage, and dissemination for all sources, media or languages involved.
- Knowledge of the professional aspects of library principles, concepts, methodology, operations, functions, and management to perform the professional and library management duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience involving the use of software/hardware programs used for performing PAI/OS research, collection, and storage; monitoring rapid advances of information processing technologies as applied to new and evolving customer requirements.
- Knowledge of Science and Engineering information (STI) to locate, acquire, catalogue, produce bibliographies of, and market information of a specialized and technical nature from a wide variety of published and unpublished sources and electronic data bases for research use by scientists and engineers, particularly in the functional areas of general engineering, chemistry, and physical science in the intelligence community environment.
- Knowledge of and skill to perform library resource management (budget, contract funding, etc.), via programming, budgeting, contracting, and execution.
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing to resolve a variety of information access and library management problems and issues; and to maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to manage information services for any digital library special projects.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able/willing to obtain/maintain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed upon hire.
To Apply please go to this link: https://www.indeed.com/job/senior-digital-librarian-3c5f391d1f690581
Manage the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) digital library program and lead all aspects of Open Source (OS)/Publicly Available Information (PAI) acquisitions, including identifications and customer requirements, overseeing digital library and database developer’s performance, assessing availability and cost of OS/PAI materials, and the programming and execution of all designated funding.