Senior Director of Administration
About this Job
Ohio University Libraries invite applications for the position of senior director of administration. As a member of the University Libraries' executive leadership team, the Senior Director of Administration directs, plans, oversees, and provides accountability for all administrative resources and associated procedures and policies (including financial, human resources, facilities, and space management) to maximize the achievements and advance the strategy of the University Libraries. The position is responsible for all financial planning of and reporting for the Libraries, including general operating, acquisitions, foundation, and grants accounts. Reporting to the Dean of University Libraries, the position provides strategic analysis of all financial and operational areas and advises the Dean about the financial implications of academic, operational, and other strategies. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- In collaboration with the Libraries’ executive leadership team, responsible for all aspects of the University Libraries’ budget ($14M), including developing, compiling, analyzing, projecting, and monitoring the budget; authoring regular and just-in-time financial reports for the Dean and other personnel; ensuring accountability of budgets, reporting, complex analysis, approvals, and financial strategic planning; and oversees preparation and approval of all Libraries' expenditures, including but not limited to transfers, Concur, and Bobcat Buy.
- Represents the Libraries in university committees and other planning groups related to finance and administration and serves as Libraries' main liaison to central finance, central budget planning, procurement, Bursar, and other units.
- Directs and oversees all administrative functions, including operations, facilities, mail services, and human resources functions.
- Serves as the key point of contact in the Dean’s office for all administrative issues. Provides leadership and oversight for all administrative, financial, and fiscal practices, including overseeing the development of all policies related to finance, administration, and operations for approval by the Dean, and managing their implementation.
- Has primary oversight and planning responsibility for all Libraries’ facilities and space-planning projects, including regular and deferred maintenance and master planning projects in Alden Library, Music and Dance Library, Hwa-Wei Lee Library Annex, and regional libraries.
- Performs all regular statistical reporting for the Libraries, including but not limited to statistics for Association of Research Libraries, Association of College and Research Libraries, Integrated Postsecondary Data System, and University Benchmark Project.
- Engages in regular professional development activities as part of an ongoing commitment to bring best practices and innovation to the Libraries in order to increase and improve effectiveness, impact, and student success.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or combination of a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in budget management or business administration.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more areas related to library administration, including strategic resource management, facilities management, human resources management, and related administrative areas.
- Ability to align areas of responsibility with the Libraries’ and university’s commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- One or more years of supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and collegially in a collaborative environment with university partners.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or Library Science
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jun 28, 2021 / This posting expires: Jul 11, 2021