Special Collections Cataloging and Circulation…
About this Job
The Special Collections Cataloging and Circulation Assistant catalogs materials in multiple formats for Roesch and Marian libraries using established standards and departmental policies; verifies headings; and upgrades records to BIBCO status as appropriate. This position also staffs the service desks in Roesch Library, serving as a first point of contact for library services, while maintaining a high level of customer service. The Special Collections Cataloging and Circulation Assistant reports to the Director of Collections Strategies & Services.
- Cataloging materials in multiple formats from Special Collections, Rare Books, Marian Library, and University Archives using established standards and departmental policies; verifying headings; and upgrading records to BIBCO status as appropriate.
- Staying current with cataloging trends and workflows and attending training as needed.
- Staffing the Roesch Library service desks in conjunction with Access Services.
- Providing circulation assistance to the UD community, including answering directional questions, check-in and check-out of library materials, renewals, and other tasks as assigned. Conducting media equipment inventory while staffing the Roesch Library service desks.
- May be asked to serve on division and library teams, committees, and task forces.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year work experience in a library.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience with detail oriented work.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Google applications such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google sheets.
- Two years of college coursework completed.
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems, such as Sierra.
- Experience editing catalog and authority records in a library system.
- Knowledge of Resource Description and Access standards/guidelines for library cataloging.
- Knowledge of OhioLINK workflows.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness to learning new skills.
- Demonstrated and successful experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Catholic and Marianist educational values.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jun 25, 2021 / This posting expires: Jul 8, 2021