Staff Development Assistant
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of professional training principles, methods, techniques and procedures.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to drive a vehicle required.
- Excellent verbal, written, human relation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and training handouts.
- Ability to effectively present information in a group and/or individual training environment.
- Ability to communicate by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Ability to use Internet, e-mail, spreadsheet, and word processing software. Ability to learn integrated library system functions used in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to operate in a network environment. General knowledge of PC equipment required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to periodically drive. Ability to occasionally carry, hold, lift, reach, stoop and turn. Ability to frequently grasp, sit, stand, walk, and use keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision for driving, and the ability to distinguish colors. Ability to speak and hear required.
The Dayton Metro Library is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a Staff Development Assistant to provide training to our employees and to support the Staff Development Manager in the delivery of our annual Staff Development Day. In particular, this position greets our new employees on their first day of hire and trains them on some of our more commonly used software programs. This position reports to our Staff Development Manager and serves as part of the Human Resources team. Our Staff Development Office is housed in our Operations Center, which is just one block away from the Main Library in downtown Dayton. The ideal candidate will be comfortable teaching staff in a classroom setting or one-on-one and will be very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite. This position is responsible for data entry and tracking all training that staff members take. We are looking for someone who engages well with people, is comfortable using and learning various technologies, and is skilled in collaborating with others. Join our team today!
- Conducts training as directed by the Staff Development Manager and/or the Human Resources Director.
- Conducts training on automated system functions.
- Processes training request forms including registering staff members and submitting purchase requisitions for payment.
- Maintains records related to staff development. Adds entries and maintains the training database.
- Makes necessary preparations of the training location, training aids, and training materials.
- Assists with the annual Staff Development Day.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2021.