Organization:Washington-Centerville Public Library
- Associate's degree in computer-related area or MLS from an ALA accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing and developing websites.
- Web design and development skills including programming languages, scripting languages, database management, APIs and content management systems.
- Successful management of web and/or ILS projects.
- Experience with desktop publishing, web, and Microsoft Office software.
- Project management and planning experience.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and productive with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Collaborative, hands-on style with exceptional follow through.
- Ability to research and apply new technology.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written/verbal skills, including the ability to explain and train “non-technical” individuals in the effective use of all relevant systems.
The Washington-Centerville Public Library, a busy mid-sized suburban library serving a population of approximately 56,000 citizens in the communities of Centerville and Washington Township, is seeking a Systems Administrator to help us fulfill our Mission and Values and demonstrate our Customer Service Philosophy
- Install, configure, upgrade, perform preventative maintenance, monitor, and provide support for the Integrated Library System (ILS) and other assigned systems.
- Design, create, develop and maintain functionality of library catalogs using vendor provided tools and other web development software.
- Develop and maintain in-house applications including, but not limited to designing databases; database administration; designing, developing and maintaining applications including web-based applications.
- Provide data and analysis of ILS, online catalog and web site usage statistics. Use analysis to guide online service development.
- Analyze information technology needs, identify priorities and develop new and improved services, policies and procedures.
- Develop improvements and efficiencies for staff and patrons including automation of tasks and statistics.
- Oversee implementation of systems and technology projects to support and meet library objectives.
- Respond to staff and patron questions and issues, providing training as needed.
- Assume other tasks as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and WCPL application to:
Human Resources, SA221OHNT, Washington-Centerville Public Library, 111 West Spring Valley Road, Centerville, OH 45458 or email to: HumanResources@wcpl.lib.oh.us
- WCPL Application can be found at www.wclibrary.info under Employment
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the candidate successfully completing a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) fingerprint check.