Teaching and Learning Librarian
About this Job
The Ottenheimer Library at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock seeks a qualified individual to join our faculty as a Librarian/Assistant Professor (P00001887). The Teaching and Learning Librarian supports campus-wide student success initiatives through learner-centered information literacy instruction, innovative outreach, and extraordinary customer service. This position holds a faculty appointment with rank leading to tenure. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and will work both independently and collaboratively with library colleagues and campus partners to contribute to a shared vision of the Ottenheimer Library's role in learner success. This is a full-time 12-month appointment.
· Provides instructional services, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities, instruction sessions and other innovative approaches to develop information literacy, research, critical thinking, and technology skills.
· Creates learner experiences that integrate active and inclusive learning strategies.
· Consults with faculty, instructional staff, teaching assistants, and librarians in developing, teaching, and integrating research and information skills instruction with a focus on the application of critical thinking, information literacy and technology skills to real-world problems.
· Collaborates with faculty and other campus partners in support of active learning pedagogies. · Participates in assessment efforts, focusing on the library's division's impact on student success and student learning outcomes.
· Collaborates with other university units and student groups in support of university student success, recruitment, retention, ready to work initiatives.
· Builds partnerships and relationships with other departments in the university community. · Promotes and provides library and instructional outreach to professional and graduate programs and applied learning experiences.
· Engages in scholarly, professional and service activities in accordance with institutional and faculty governance documents.
· Works nights and weekends as needed.
· Performs other work-related duties as assigned
$48,000/year minimum plus benefits
A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program. Highly collaborative, flexible, and adaptable. Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently and in groups.
A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the provision of assistance and/or instruction in a library or educational setting. Experience training/mentoring applied learning experiences and developing short and long-term learning activities/projects. Willingness to take risks and experiment with new methods. Knowledge of learning theory and information literacy trends. Ability to sustain partnerships with campus student support services. Knowledge of current issues and trends in instruction pedagogy, instructional technologies, and instructional literacies. Proficiency in using technology to achieve pedagogical goals. Understanding of assessment methods and ability to put these methods into practice.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Required Application Documents:
(1) Letter of Application (2) Vita/Resume which includes a list of three professional references with contact name, business title, email, and phone number (3) Diversity Statement
Application materials must be submitted through the online application system. Additional information about this position and application requirements are available under the Jobs Seekers tab on the UA Little Rock Human Resources website. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Posted On: Apr 10, 2023 / This posting expires: Jul 10, 2023