Technical Services Library Assistant
Organization:Belmont County District Library
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred, High school diploma or equivalent may be acceptable dependent upon experience. Prior experience in a library cataloging department preferred.
Duties are performed indoors in an office environment and require extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking and hearing with occasional periods of climbing or balancing, the pulling, pushing, lifting or carrying of items, keyboarding, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Weights up to 50 pounds are encountered.
Works under the general direction of the Technical Services Manager providing cataloging and collection services and assisting in the daily operations of the Library under the supervision of the Adult and Reference Services Librarian.
- Verify the receipt of materials from purchase orders and submits paperwork to Fiscal Officer to authorize payment.
- Link items to correct record in the SEO Catalog
- Request record imports for materials not in the SEO Catalog from the Technical Service Manager
- Verify item collection with the appropriate professional librarian.
- Process materials, applying proper labels, packaging and protection to prepare for circulation
- Repair materials as needed for continued circulation
- Proficiently perform all job duties of Library Assistants as scheduled or needed.
- Follow the policies of the Library; interpreting Library policies and procedures for Library users in a customer-responsive manner
- Other duties as assigned by Technical Services Manager or Library Director