Technology and Media Librarian (Full-time/MLIS)
Organization:Upper Arlington Public Library
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public library reference tools, including web and database searching and evaluation as well as the standards, practices and techniques of reference service.
- Considerable knowledge of literature, reference and information materials, publishers, and periodicals.
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic database programs.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school in library science required.
- Two years library experience preferred.
The Upper Arlington Public Library is seeking a tech-savvy, curious, service-oriented librarian with the skills to investigate and implement innovative technologies in a customer focused, collaborative environment. You will coordinate customer technology training for the Upper Arlington Public Library system, including downloadable content and streaming services as well as using different devices and operating systems. You will participate in providing instruction to patrons both on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group setting. This position also works directly with our community partners in providing technology instruction and promotion of library services outside of the library.
This position reports to our Media Services Manager and includes working with patrons in our Media Services Department providing viewer’s advisory, computer assistance and media reference services.
To apply, visit our website at www.ualibrary.org