Teen Services Librarian
Organization:Dayton Metro Library
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (preferred) or its equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of teen literature, periodicals, audio-visual materials, web sites, social media and other electronic media, and materials. Knowledge of available teen materials and readers’ interests.
- Ability to plan and implement programs for teens at the Kettering-Moraine Branch.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required. Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to teen services.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a team-oriented, flexible, and highly self-motivated Teen Services Librarian for our bustling Kettering-Moraine Branch, which reopened in October, 2016 after undergoing extensive renovations. The successful candidate will enjoy established relationships with the schools and community organizations and strive to enhance those relationships in new ways. The Dayton Metro Library provides proactive customer service to our patrons, and we are looking for someone to continue this tradition of excellence. The Teen Services Librarian develops and delivers all programming for youth in grades 7-12 at the branch and assists all patrons with their information needs. Join our team today!
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Creates a welcoming atmosphere in the Teen area through personal presence and area’s design.
- Provides all library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, information literacy, and in the use of library materials and reference resources (all formats). Serves at the Ask Me Desk and in a roaming capacity.
- Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Provides work guidance in the absence of the Manager and/or appointed person in charge.
- Designs, promotes, presents, and evaluates teen programs and activities that address community needs and incorporates library resources.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools, community organizations, government agencies, and other groups as appropriate. Provides library outreach programs and school visits that meet community needs.
- Maintains attractive appearance of the Teen area in accordance with safety and ADA requirements. Creates displays to promote library use.
- Evaluates and suggests titles for purchase or replacement. Reevaluates and deselects materials which need to be cancelled, repaired, replaced, or redistributed.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees. Attends applicable department meetings. Assists with system-wide programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Assists with the daily operations of the service desks, including opening and closing duties.
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29, 2019.