Training and Support Coordinator (Information Technology/Full-time)
Organization:Upper Arlington Public Library
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and G Suite applications.
- Able to quickly learn and implement new software and processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively provide information and training in a group or one-on-one setting.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Excellent planning and time-management skills.
- Easily adapts to change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years work experience in a library or education environment preferred.
- Experience in training adult learners preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility sufficient to move and crawl under desks. Be able to handle fine cables.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform general typing and computer skills.
- Periodic intense concentration and attention to detail and accuracy require alertness and stamina.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
The Upper Arlington Public Library is seeking a Training and Support Coordinator. In this role, you will serve as primary technology trainer for library staff. Working closely with other staff, you will design, implement, present and manage technology training for a staff of 120. You will also be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology department including technical support and equipment management.
Develops, delivers and coordinates technology training to library staff. Provides assistance and technical support to staff members and patrons with computer hardware and software.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, presentation and assessment of staff technology training.
- Manages training platforms and delivery tools for all staff training.
- Coordinates technology training aspects of staff onboarding.
- Responds to help desk requests and escalates tickets as necessary.
- Provides assistance to staff and occasionally patrons in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Assists in the management of library equipment.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Serves on library committees as assigned.
- Follows library safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues to supervisor and/or Facilities personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit our website at www.ualibrary.org