Visiting Faculty: Instruction Librarian
About this Job
This term-limited position reports to the Librarian of the College and provides instruction and research consultations, conducts collection development, and serves as liaison to multiple departments in support of our diverse community of learners. The position is half-time and commences two weeks before each academic Fall and Spring semester and ends the last day of finals each semester for a total of 38 weeks (19 each semester). Evaluation will be annual, with the possibility of contract renewal for up to three years during the period of August 2021 through May 2024.
- Participates in the program of library instruction, including support for assigned First-Year Seminars, courses in liaison departments, workshops, and other classes as needed.
- Provides reference and research consultation services.
- Serves as liaison to several departments in multiple subject areas to be determined by employee educational background and library department needs.
- Develops electronic and print collections that meet the research needs of the College community.
- Attends library staff meetings and serves on library committees as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and trends in libraries.
- Works collaboratively with the entire library staff to meet user needs in providing a library program that best supports the College community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent. Will consider those whose degree will be completed no later than December 2021.
- Experience delivering instruction (will consider internships, post-secondary experiences, coursework with practice in instruction, in addition to formal delivery of instruction in a classroom setting).
- Knowledge to create virtual and physical learning materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience creating learning materials and tools for a post-secondary learning environment.
- Experience (employment and/or internship) or coursework specific to working in an academic library.
- Experience with diverse, inclusive, and/or international student populations.
- Humanities and/or Social Sciences background for subject liaison areas.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jun 10, 2021 / This posting expires: Sep 20, 2021