Visiting Faculty: Science Librarian
About this Job
The Science Librarian serves as primary liaison for students and faculty in the sciences. This term-limited position reports to the Librarian of the College and provides instruction and research consultations, conducts collection development, and serves as liaison to multiple departments in support of our diverse community of learners. The position is a contract position for one academic year (August 2021 through May 2022). Candidates interested in less than full-time employment during this period will also be given consideration.
- Supports the Science Library Associate who oversees a student staff of approximately 4 FTE.
- Participates in the program of library instruction, including support for assigned First-Year Seminars, courses in liaison departments, workshops, and other classes as needed.
- Provides reference and research consultation services in the sciences.
- Develops electronic and print collections that meet the research needs of the College community.
- Engages in timely and relevant communication regarding library matters with the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Environmental Studies, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science, Neuroscience, Physics, Psychology, and Statistical and Data Sciences.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on library committees and planning groups as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in scientific publishing, emerging technologies, and trends in libraries and the academy.
- Works collaboratively with the entire library staff to meet user needs in providing a library program that best supports the College community.
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent. Will consider those whose degree will be completed no later than December 2021.
- Experience delivering instruction (will consider internships, post-secondary experiences, coursework with practice in instruction, in addition to formal delivery of instruction in a classroom setting).
- Knowledge to create virtual and physical learning materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- STEM background for subject liaison areas.
- Experience creating learning materials and tools for a post-secondary learning environment.
- Experience (employment and/or internship) or coursework specific to working in an academic library.
- Experience with diverse, inclusive, and/or international student populations.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Posted On: Jun 10, 2021 / This posting expires: Sep 20, 2021