About this Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Build, implement, maintain and support public-facing and internal websites and digital services.
• Install, maintain, and administer web servers and applications.
• Provide web contributor oversight; monitor skills of staff assisting with projects and provide feedback to
• Develop and maintain in-house applications including, but not limited to, designing databases; database
administration; designing, developing and maintaining applications including web-based applications.
• Provide data and analysis of web site usage statistics. Use analysis to guide online service development.
• Analyze information technology needs, identify priorities and develop new and improved services, policies
• Develop improvements and efficiencies for staff and patrons including automation of tasks and statistics.
• Oversee implementation of systems and technology projects to support and meet library objectives.
• Respond to staff and patron questions and issues, providing training as needed.
• Assume other tasks as assigned.
$21.93 per hour
Required Skills & Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in computer-related area or equivalent experience.
• Advanced knowledge of online services and applications.
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing and developing websites.
• Experience installing and administering web servers and applications.
• Web design and development skills including programming languages, scripting languages, database management, APIs and content management systems.
• Successful management of web projects.
• Experience with desktop publishing, web, and Microsoft Office software.
• Project management and planning experience.
• Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and productive with excellent time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Collaborative, hands-on style with exceptional follow through.
• Ability to research and apply new technology.
• Analytical problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and written/verbal skills, including the ability to explain and train
“non-technical” individuals in the effective use of all relevant systems.
The Washington-Centerville Public Library is a busy mid-sized suburban library serving a population of approximately 56,000 citizens in the communities of Centerville and Washington Township.
It is the policy of the Washington-Centerville Public Library to be in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations relative to discrimination in employment. The Washington-Centerville Public Library does not discriminate in compensation or conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, transfer, discipline, or discharge of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Excellent benefits package including pick-up of employee’s contribution to Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and WCPL application to:
Human Resources, WA222WP, Washington-Centerville Public Library, 111 West Spring Valley Road,
Centerville, OH 45458 or email to: [email protected]
• WCPL Application can be found at www.wclibrary.info under Employment
Posted On: Apr 28, 2022 / This posting expires: Jul 1, 2022