Organization:La Porte County Public Library
- You have a Masters of Library Science degree and an Indiana Library Certification Level 3 or the ability to obtain within 3 years
- You have 1 year of library or teaching experience
- You have public speaking experience
- You use creativity and innovation in planning and conducting classes and events
- You use good judgement when making independent decisions
- You have the ability to organize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- You have proficient technology skills, with experience using the Internet, email, and willingness to learn new technologies
- You welcome working with all people from your community
- You are positive, adaptable, and forward thinking
- You display appropriate demeanor at all times; this includes dress, body language, and facial expressions
- You can organize materials alphabetically and numerically
- You have a valid Indiana driver’s license
La Porte County Public Library is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Youth Librarian to deliver top-notch programming within the library and in the community for youth from birth through age 18. The successful candidate will possess exceptional customer service skills, a willingness to try new things, and a keen interest in collaborating with colleagues and community members. Spanish speaking skills a plus.
La Porte County Public Library has 7 locations, a mobile library, and coming in 2019, a mobile STEAM Classroom. We are innovative and seek to improve the quality of life in La Porte County through partnerships that spark imagination, creativity, engagement, and learning.
LPCPL welcomes youth from birth through eighteen to explore, collaborate, and create in our spaces. Our forward-thinking staff empowers children, teens, and their supportive grown-ups by providing a variety of materials, resources, and events.
Current goals include: developing a rigorous hands-on curriculum for our mobile classroom focused on 21st century skills and technology; communicating the value of libraries through programs and services to children and teens; strengthening our school and library partnerships; and developing top notch early literacy education.
Applications are being accepted at this time. Download and print the application form from our website at https://laportelibrary.org/employment/, or ask for an application to complete at any of our locations.
Submit completed application and resume to:
De Burke, HR Professional
La Porte County Public Library
904 Indiana Avenue
La Porte, IN 46350
219-362-6156, ext. 371