Youth Services Assistant
Organization:Community Library (Sunbury)
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field consistent with the responsibility of the position or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with library staff and patrons.
- Ability to relate in a friendly and open manner with youth and parents.
- Ability to relate and interact with school and cultural organizations needed.
- Ability to effectively present ideas, provide instruction, and to perform story times and other presentations.
- Artistic skills used in creating posters, displays, etc.
- Ability to acquire skills to operate computer applications for library services.
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
- Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
- Stand for a long time in one area.
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
Receives general supervision from the Youth Services Director.
Must be able to work at least one evening a week and one Saturday a month.
- Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience with a target hiring range of $20,000 to $27,000 per year.
- 40 hours a week.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Performs varied para-professional library duties and clerical-administrative work in the Youth Services department with an emphasis on services to teens; assists youth and parents in using library services and facilities; and assists with department activities, such as programs and special projects.
- Receives oral or written instructions from the Youth Services Director.
- Plans work according to established procedures.
- Prioritizes tasks within work assignment.
- Suggests purchase of books and other materials.
- Conducts story times for pre-school children.
- Provides individual instruction in the use of library services and facilities, including search of catalog files, use of reference sources, and related information.
- Supervises youth in regular visits to library.
- Assists youth in locating materials and information for research or study projects.
- Assembles and arranges displays of books and other materials.
- Prepares posters, bulletins, and newsletters to promote use of library and facilities.
- Operates equipment as needed.
- Prepares lists, reports, and other information.
- Participates in inventory of books and materials.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports for supervisor.
- Performs routine library services.
- Assumes responsibility for department in temporary absence of a librarian.
- Performs additional duties as assigned including serving on task forces, committees, etc.
- Attends staff meetings and may participate in community and professional library organizations.
Please submit resumes to Rachel Coffield. They can be mailed to the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive, Sunbury, OH 43074, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received prior to November 8, 2019 at 5:00pm will receive first consideration.