Youth Services Associate – Noble Road Branch
About this Job
In the Youth Services Department, we provide service to those from birth to age 18 and the adults who care for them, within our own walls and out in the community. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our Youth Services team at the Noble Road branch. Successful candidate should have a passion for public libraries and enjoy working with children from birth to teens. Candidate must also be proficient in technology, enjoy working as a team, and have enthusiasm for a library’s impact on the community it serves.
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working creatively with youth.
• Customer service experience.
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, and kneel.
• Valid driver’s license and transportation to perform outreach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Outreach visits for elementary and middle school students.
• Planning, implementing, and assisting with youth programs for children of all ages.
• Providing reader's advisory and reference assistance to children of all ages and their caregivers.
• Assisting customers of all ages in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources.
• Promoting Library resources, programs, and services.
Full time is 40 hours a week; schedule covers mornings, afternoons, and evening shifts with a weekend rotation.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers' needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Starting salary is $18.00 per hour. Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; paid vacation, sick time, 10 paid holidays, and paid parental leave.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application no later than July 24, 2023. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer
Posted On: Jul 14, 2023 / This posting expires: Jul 25, 2023