Youth Services Associate – Teen Focused
About this Job
In the Youth Services Department, we provide service to those from birth to age 18 and the adults who care for them, within our own walls and out in the community. This position is primarily focused on serving our teens, but will also assist in providing reference services to children and adults.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication and customer service skills, be passionate about public libraries, and excel at working with teens. Candidates must also be proficient in technology and enjoy working on a team.
Starting salary is $18.00 per hour. Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; paid vacation, sick time, 10 paid holidays, and paid parental leave.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application no later than July 24, 2023. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer
• Bachelor’s degree or some college with equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working creatively with youth.
• Customer service experience.
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, and kneel.
• Valid driver's license and transportation to perform outreach.
Part time is 20 hours a week; schedule covers mornings, afternoons, and evening shifts with a weekend rotatioResponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the planning and implementation of teen programming.
• Providing reader's advisory and reference assistance to teens.
• Assisting customers of all ages in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources.
• Promoting Library resources, programs, and services.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers’ needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
How to Apply
Apply to this opportunity using the contact method(s) below
Include additional information about how to apply, benefits, etc.
Posted On: Jul 14, 2023 / This posting expires: Jul 25, 2023