Youth Services Librarian - Main Library
Organization:Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
A Masters of Library and Information Science degree issued by an ALA-accredited school of library and information science is required. One-year experience working with children and preparing/presenting programs is required. Public library experience helpful. Knowledge and experience in using computers and various software programs to include the Internet. Valid Ohio driver’s license.
Please refer to the Core Competencies for Library Staff on the library’s website, www.wtcpl.org.
The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library is seeking an energetic, creative, customer service-oriented professional for the Youth Services Department at the Main Library in Warren. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Children's literature, experience developing and presenting innovative age-appropriate programs, a strong commitment to customer service and good interpersonal and communication skills. Under direction from the Youth Services Manager, this employee is responsible for providing direct library service to children (ages 0 – 12) and other Youth Services Department users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, prepares and presents regular story times, summer reading activities, and special programs in cooperation with other Youth Services Department staff and Branch Services Department staff.
- Presents information about library services and programs to individuals and groups.
- Develops and prepares displays, and decorations for children’s areas.
- Provides reference and readers advisory service to adult and juvenile customers.
- Participates in outreach activities as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of bibliographies, fliers, and various library-finding aids.
- Purchases a variety of children’s materials, including books, magazines, audiovisual materials, and toys/games.
- Assists with collection maintenance through inventory, evaluation, and weeding.
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials collections and trends in children's literature and youth services and the profession through in-service workshops, meetings, conferences, professional literature and organizational memberships.
Apply online directly through the Library’s careers website, https://wtcpl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=47
Position is open until filled.