Cataloging & Instruction Librarian
Organization:Columbus College of Art & Design
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrate thorough and current knowledge of cataloging, including RDA standards and practices
- Interact in an effective and professional manner with diverse populations, the college community, and the public
- Ability to function effectively in a flexible and collaborative environment
- Ability to make decisions and meet deadlines to ensure timely access to materials
- Desire to continuously improve disciplinary knowledge, technical skills, and customer service through professional development, service, and engagement
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (MLIS from ALA-accredited library school) or equivalent; Undergraduate degree in visual arts strongly preferred.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD) invites applications for a Cataloging & Instruction Librarian in the Packard Library. CCAD's campus is a vital and growing "urban learning village" of 1,100 students located in downtown Columbus, a smart, open, and growing city with a metro-area population of 1.4 million. Offering BFA and MFA degrees, the College, as a matter of values and practice, focuses on the development of applied creative thinkers. The Cataloging & Instruction Librarian position requires a nimble candidate that has a passion for helping students and faculty, both by organizing resources and by teaching how to find and use them. The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, and interested in collaboration.
Columbus College of Art & Design teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the midst of a thriving creative community in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1879, CCAD is one of the oldest private art and design colleges in the United States, offering 12 undergraduate majors and two graduate programs in art and design that produce graduates equipped to shape culture and business at the highest level. For more information, visit ccad.edu.
CCAD makes recruitment and retention decisions based on credentials, experience, abilities, talent, and results. CCAD is an EO/VET/Disability Employer. The administration, faculty, staff and student embrace diversity and prohibit discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, non-disqualifying disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other legally protected class status. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cataloging & Instruction Librarian
The Cataloging & Instruction Librarian is under the supervision of the Director of Library Services and is responsible for cataloging and classification of all resources; library instruction alongside the Instruction Librarian; and providing customer service. The Cataloging & Instruction Librarian is part of an active and engaged Library team that values learning, service, community, and a culture of assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
- Performs copy and original cataloging and classification of materials in all formats
- Reviews and implements new cataloging standards and workflows as technologies change
- Develops, teaches, and assesses information literacy instruction in collaboration with the Instruction Librarian
- Provides general and virtual information, research, and reference services
- Serves as a liaison to academic departments
- Develops print and web-based materials for instruction (i.e. LibGuides)
- Supervises annual inventory of library collection
- Assists with collection maintenance including weeding and collection development
- Works at the circulation desk of the Packard Library as needed, including rotating weekends and occasional evenings
- Represents the Packard Library at CCAD functions including Orientation, College Preview, and other outreach events
- Represents CCAD in various professional organizations such as ARLIS/NA, ALAO, and OPAL
- Contributes to the overall goals of the Packard Library and the College, demonstrating flexibility and accommodation to shifting priorities
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to apply:
Please apply by visiting https://ccad.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and searching for Cataloging & Instruction Librarian.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.